Friday, July 18, 2014

July 15th to 17th: Traveling to, and arriving in, Bengaluru (Bangalore)

Tuesday afternoon - I got on a plane from Logan, flew to Dulles where I joined up with the other teachers and one of our guides, Desiree, and headed to Frankfurt, Germany.  (Just in time for some airport World Cup shopping....my boys are both big Germany fans, so didn't have a choice).

From Frankfurt we headed to Bengaluru - I have to say this is the longest single airplane trip I've ever done - it's not necessarily the highlight of the trip...but so worth it!  Here’s a map of our general route from D.C. to Frankfurt to Bengaluru:

We arrived in Bengaluru at 1:00 a.m. on Thursday (3:30 p.m. on Wednesday on Cape Cod – I really have to plan out my communications with home - I've woken more than one person up since I arrived....)

The customs process took over an hour, followed by an hour-and-a-half drive from the airport to the Lemontree Hotel.  We finally got to our rooms around 4:00 a.m., where I promptly fell asleep.

My next post will describe the first two days here - it's been exciting, overwhelming and exhausting - all rolled up into one - but mostly exciting...  Stay tuned!  

No comments:

Post a Comment